Travelling is one of the best ways of breaking away from the monotony of your daily routine and feeling alive. The revenue earned from tourism is an important part of every country, hence all the countries are making efforts towards becoming more tourist friendly. In lieu of this, deciding where to go is a very hard task in itself. Congratulations, you have at least chosen a place and boy, what an amazing place you’ve chosen. Mexico City being the 2nd largest in the world serves a plethora of options for its tourist. So, to save you the hassle of reading about all of them, here we bring you the best things to do while you are in Mexico City!
1. Scenic Beauty – The most important things to see while visiting a new place are the monuments and the picturesque views it has to offer. Mexico City has an abundance of these, but you’ll have to spend at least 2 weeks to see them all. So choose the best ones to see and that will give you an essence of the whole city.
2. Ángel de la Independencia – It is a statue standing in the middle of Mexico City’s principle Avenue, a statue dedicated to everyone who fought for independence and is topped with the recognisable golden Greek Goddess ofVictory, Nike.
3. Metropolitan Cathedral – It is the largest and the old estcathedral in America. This cathedral sits in the northern part of the city and is a masterpiece of three distinct architectural styles that mark the three centuries that it took to construct.
4. Torre Latinoamericana – It towers over the historic centre of Mexico City and is the perfect place to visit if you want a bird’s eye view of the city. Even if you are not able to see all the monuments, by visiting this you will feel complete and content.
5.Mexican Delicacies– One of the major attractions for any tourist is the food that the place has to offer. Mexico City is famous for various items like tacos, churros, candy, wine etc. The best stops for these are mentioned below –
6. Cafe Villarías – Just follow the aroma of freshly brewed coffee on a bright morning and it will take you to the Cafe Villarías located right in the city centre being operated since 1942.
7. El Moro Churerría – It is the city’s most beloved churro shop that often has lines snaking outside the shop.
8. Dulcería deCelaya -The city’s oldest candy store that resides right in the heart of the city looks like a jewellery store. The tamarind-sweet potato chews and the candied squashare the must-haves!
9. Pujol – Enrique Olvera’s Pujol is a delight for the tourists. It offers multi-course meals, all made from tacos.Forget Taco Bell, this is the place to go!
10. Bósforo– This is a hip mezcal bar in the hidden dark side of the streets. It plays trippy music and serves a wild list of great mezcals (A type of alcoholic beverage). Best place for a chill night with all your favourite friends.
These are our top picks for anyone visiting Mexico City. All these places will give you the essence of the entire city, leaving you to feel fulfilled and get you all the value out of the money you spent. Bon voyage!