The 100, a fabulous book by Nina Garcia, gives us some awesome ideas for essentials we need in our closet! I picked my top 10 fashion essentials from the book. Items I can’t live without!!!
1. A-Line Dress: 60’s “it” girls Twiggy, Penelope Tree, Edie Sedgwick & Jackie O sported one.
2. Ballet Flat: Chic & Timeless. Think Bridget Bardot & Audrey Hepburn. These are a wardrobe must have.
3. Aviators: My favourite kind of sunglass style. They are way cool and
4. Ankle Bootie: Hell yes. So comfie. Wear them with a cute dress or cropped skinny jeans. Or shorts. They are so versatile.
5.Black opaque tights: Can’t get enough of them in Autumn and Winter. It’s that time of year. Gotta stock up!
6. Cable Knit Sweater: I love my cotton selection of cable knit jumpers (sorry, I’m not american and cannot say sweater 🙂 ) So comfie. So warm. So always in style. Classic.
7.Havainas: Thongs/Flipflops. Can’t live without them in Summer.
8. Little Black Dress: Don’t need an explanation here. We all need one!!!
9. Jeans: I was trying to pick an outfit to wear out one weekend, and my mum said to me. Just wear Jeans. Whenever in doubt, pick Jeans. Great advice Mum!
10.Pencil Skirt: Sophisticated. As Nina Garcia says, “It asserts femininity, but it also asserts power, which is the best feature a skirt can have: powerful femininity.